directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <>
Subject Re: [Studio] Reflect DIRSERVER-1140 changes
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:06:05 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Felix Knecht <
> <>> wrote:
>     I'm not sure if I shall apply the patch for mentioned fix in
>     apacheds (see also
>     <>).
> Your patch is not completely good

That's what I guessed and why I didn't applied it. Thanks for reviewing :-)

BTW: Please note that this (apacheds project) is one of those changes CI
will not fail ATM because we're not using SNAPSHOT version of apacheds
in the studio/apacheds-launcher.

> (for example we don't need to change the apacheds-configuration/src/
> main/resources/org/apache/directory/studio/apacheds/configuration/default-server-1.5.3.xml
> file as it is the standard file for Apache DS 1.5.3, same thing for
> the 1.5.3 parser), and it would break some functionnalities. I have
> too review it and will remove the parts that should not be modified.
> Thanks :)
> BTW, I need to file a Jira on the move for the Apache DS plugin to the
> latest 1.5.4 version of ApacheDS.
>     Second question is why does the apacheds-launcher needs its own
>     dependenyManagement section? Can't we move it to the
>     studios root pom?
> Yes, you're right. We can move it in the root pom.
>     Third qeustion is if we shouldn't intoriduce a property for the
>     apacheds version?
> If you mean for the apacheds version in the apacheds plugin, yeah why
> not.
> But then we would also need to introduce a property for the shared
> version too.
I didn't saw that. But I think it's a good idea to have a version
property for dependencies depending on the same version (like
shared/apachds). It's easier to change the version just i one place than
in multiple ones.

View raw message