directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What shall CI be for / How make use of CI
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 11:05:16 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
>> 2) the local build should check if there are not more recent local
>> snapshot before switching to the repo's snapshot. Doing so will allow
>> us to check that the modifications are ok, and don't break the build.
>>

> The main problem is when just doing changes in a 'shared' project (how
> to say this meaning a related project?). I'm sure you don't want to
> build each project depending on 'shared' one you just did a change. This
> is what we want the CI doing for us, isn't it.

The CI won't make the breakage disapear. As 'shared' is shared (eh eh),
when we modify it, we have to check that it does not break the other
projects, _or_ we have to depend on released version of shared,
solmething we don't want right now. This is why I said I was lazzy : I
should have check before committing (it's a matter of minutes).

Now, regarding the other issue, I think Stefan is right ; I didn't do a
mvn clean install. I just did a mvn -Dintegration test, which does not
push the new shared jars into the local repo, AFAIK.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org