directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What shall CI be for / How make use of CI
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 10:24:16 GMT

> reason is that the way Studio is build was badly understood by me : I
> thought that studio was using the local snapshots first, and then look
> up on the remote repo. Bad bad bad : this is not the case. So when I did
> my first build, it took the oxylos shared jars, and all went ok. But as
> I modified shared, those snapshots were modified, and broke the build.
> 2) the local build should check if there are not more recent local
> snapshot before switching to the repo's snapshot. Doing so will allow us
> to check that the modifications are ok, and don't break the build.

Really? I think that the studio build uses the recent local repository
IMO. At least that is the way I work when I add new functionality to
shared that I want to use for studio:
- modify <shared>
- mvn clean install <shared>
- mvn eclipse:eclipse studio:eclipse <studio>
- then the new shared-snapshot is available for studio
- modify <studio> and test
- commit <shared>
- commit <studio>

Regards,