directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r690978 - /directory/studio/trunk/pom.xml
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:10:04 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Stefan
>
>     > I have a problem with the 2.5.1 maven-eclipse-plugin. An 'mvn
>     > eclipse:eclipse' does not generate the .classpath and .project
>     files. I
>     > switched locally back to 2.3 to make it working again.
>
>     Your right, thanks for pointing to. Even mvn eclipse:eclipse
>     doesn't created .project or .classpath.
>     I'm going to revert this to 2.3.
>     It wasn't easy at that time to make it work and it seems to
>     becaome even more complicated as the maven-eclipse-plugin
>     isn't backwards compatible.
>

> Woaw... That's crazy... mvn eclipse:eclipse now does not generate any
> .project or .classpath file ?!?...
> Then, what's the purpose of this goal in this plugin ?!?.. Theres's
> something I don't understand...

I think I've found the culprit. In the studio/pom.xml we set
configuration/skip=true in the builds/maven-eclipse.... . For version
2.5.1 this seems now to be inherited by all the subprojects. Speaking
that we were lucky up to now that it was working because I think it was
a bug which is now fixed.
I give it a try to get the .project and .classpath files back with
eclipse-plugin 2.5.1.

Felix