directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Emmanuel Lecharny (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DIRSERVER-1247) removing unrequired escaping in DNs / filters
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:20:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1247?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12633413#action_12633413
] 

Emmanuel Lecharny commented on DIRSERVER-1247:
----------------------------------------------

I have tried to apply the patch against trunk, but it was not successful :
- I got some failing tests in the new FilterParserTest methods
- I had to apply the patch manually, 
- and the code does not fully respect the coding convention (missing {}, missing spaces in
methods calls, etc)

The main issue is #1 : I don't know why it's failing, maybe because of the manually applied
code, but I can't commit the modification as is...

Could you try to merge your code into trunk, and generate a new patch ?

thanks !

> removing unrequired escaping in DNs / filters
> ---------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIRSERVER-1247
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1247
>             Project: Directory ApacheDS
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: ldap
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.4
>            Reporter: Norval Hope
>             Fix For: 1.5.5
>
>         Attachments: escaping.patch
>
>   Original Estimate: 8h
>  Remaining Estimate: 8h
>
> The current Dn and filter handling is overly restrictive in that all non-ascii characters
are quoted using the \NN syntax. This is probably due to rfc 2253 being unclear about the
fact that multibyte UTF-8 encoded values can be used, but this iss further clarified in rfc
4514 which superceeds 2253. The application of unrequired quoting makes debugging / reading
logs much harder then it should be, as it requires manual calculations rather then just setting
the file encoding on your log file / IDE windows to being UTF-8.
> I have attached a patch file with the required updates to code and unit tests under /shared/ldap
(some problems i had noted with earlier AD version due to unspecified encoding when converting
bytes to / from Strings had already been tidied up in AD 1.5.4). 

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message