On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I had a look at the ReplicaId class today, and I have a question :
- do we really need a class to store an Id, even if we want this ID to be constrained ?

We never needed it.  It's just crap code.

I would rather store the Id as a String, and remove completely the class, as the constraint can be checked when reading the configuration, and that's it.

Go for it.

I don't really think it's necessary to create new ReplicaId() all over the code, nor calling replicaId.getId() to get the String representing this Id. KISS principle...

+1

Alex