Oh good sorry did not have time to get back to you on this.  Glad you found it.

Alex

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok,

I have found the reason : the cleanup level was setup to SUITE instead of CLASS, so the default factory was called instead of the class factory. I switched it back to CLASS? and now the tests are running correctly.

This is a powerfull feature, but somehow complex and dangerous... Anyway, it works now :)

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
Hi,

when running server-integ tests, I have issues with the Bind test when running all of them in a raw, but not when running the unit tests class one by one (ie, running BindITest + MiscBindITest + SaslBindITest + SimpleBindITest fails, when running each of them one by one succeed).

The reason is that in MiscITest, the factory is never called (@Factory ( MiscBindIT.Factory.class )
), so the "dc=aPache,dc=org" partition is not created. Sadly, some of the tests expect this partition to exist :

testAnonymousBindsEnabledBaseSearch()
      NamingEnumeration<SearchResult> list = ctx.search( "dc=apache,dc=org", "(objectClass=*)", cons );
(failure)

testUserAuthOnMixedCaseSuffix()
      env.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://localhost:" + ldapServer.getIpPort() + "/dc=aPache,dc=org" );
      Attributes attrs = ctx.getAttributes( "" );
(failure)

I think that the Factory is just called once, and the called factory is not the correct one (ie, the factory withing the class being tested), but instead the first called factory.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org