On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Chico Charlesworth <CCHARLES@ie.ibm.com> wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone help me with what's the standard approach in guaranteeing failover with Apache Directory Server 1.5.3?

The mitosis replication in ApacheDS is designed for multi-master.  So there's no need to implement a specific failover solution.  Maybe if you have a smart load balancer that knows when a server is down it can be blacklisted until brought back up.

I see that a new Multi-Master Replication feature is on the horizon, will this provide what I need and if so is there any readily available documentation?

There's little documentation on this but you might find what you're looking for in the mailing list archives.  The configuration file may also have a sample configuration.

Alex