Hi Gang,

I just had an idea regarding incorporating persistent search into Studio's browser.  Just imagine a section in the connection wizard's browser options that allows users to be notified of changes to the directory when a connection is open.  Additional options may exist to be notified of specific changes and the browser can update those changes if the entries that have changed are within view.  I have some ideas here but I won't go into them if others are not interested.

I don't know how Studio is architecturally structured but if it has some kind of connection management component then that component might expose a listener API.  This way other applications inside Studio wanting to extend it's LDAP capabilities can leverage this API to respond to changes.

Thoughts?