On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 3:58 PM, <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
Author: kayyagari
Date: Thu Jul 31 12:58:02 2008
New Revision: 681463

Log:
made the changelog partition suffix configurable
included the default values for the same

+    void setPartitionSuffix( String suffix );
+

This is a DN I take it?

+    void setRevOuSuffix( String revOuSuffix );
+

This is not a DN?  Is it the value of the ou attribute?  There is no javadocs here.  Please do not add interface methods without javadocs.

+    void setTagOuSuffix( String tagOuSuffix );

Without Javadocs to help understand I think these names are not very intuitive especially since suffix is usually used to mean the base DN of a partition attached to the DIT: the namingContext.  Perhaps setRevisionsContainerValue() and setTagContainerValue() or setRevisionsContainerName() and setTagContainerName() might be best.  Don't know but it's better than using suffix.

Providing a DN may be an issue because then your container has to allow the presence of the rdn value.  Might give too much freedom where you want to constrain.

Please add some documentation so these new interface methods better understood: we cannot accept undocumented code in general but with key interfaces that are part of an SPI in ApacheDS it's even more unacceptible.  Please don't make a habit of this.

Alex