Hi Alex,

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:03 AM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Gang,

I just had an idea regarding incorporating persistent search into Studio's browser.  Just imagine a section in the connection wizard's browser options that allows users to be notified of changes to the directory when a connection is open.  Additional options may exist to be notified of specific changes and the browser can update those changes if the entries that have changed are within view.  I have some ideas here but I won't go into them if others are not interested.

That's a good idea! This way we could get the browser synced with the directory at any time.

I don't know how Studio is architecturally structured but if it has some kind of connection management component then that component might expose a listener API.  This way other applications inside Studio wanting to extend it's LDAP capabilities can leverage this API to respond to changes.

Yeah, this could be added to the Connections plugin and we could add a new specific extension point for this feature, so other plugins can register to it.

Thanks,
P-A