directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Failover and replication with Apache Directory Server 1.5.3
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 14:16:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Chico Charlesworth <CCHARLES@ie.ibm.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me with what's the standard approach in guaranteeing
> failover with Apache Directory Server 1.5.3?

The mitosis replication in ApacheDS is designed for multi-master.  So
there's no need to implement a specific failover solution.  Maybe if you
have a smart load balancer that knows when a server is down it can be
blacklisted until brought back up.

> I see that a new Multi-Master Replication feature is on the horizon, will
> this provide what I need and if so is there any readily available
> documentation?

There's little documentation on this but you might find what you're looking
for in the mailing list archives.  The configuration file may also have a
sample configuration.

Alex