directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [Studio] Persistent Search on Connections
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 06:03:16 GMT
Hi Gang,

I just had an idea regarding incorporating persistent search into Studio's
browser.  Just imagine a section in the connection wizard's browser options
that allows users to be notified of changes to the directory when a
connection is open.  Additional options may exist to be notified of specific
changes and the browser can update those changes if the entries that have
changed are within view.  I have some ideas here but I won't go into them if
others are not interested.

I don't know how Studio is architecturally structured but if it has some
kind of connection management component then that component might expose a
listener API.  This way other applications inside Studio wanting to extend
it's LDAP capabilities can leverage this API to respond to changes.

Thoughts?