directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Mitosis serialization
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:32:12 GMT
Hi,

currently, Mitosis use Attributes to transfer data to replicas. This is
OK, but we have to translate Entry to Attributes in order to do that. As
we want to get rid of JNDI in the server, I'm just wondering if it's not
the good timing to change the way data are serialized during replication.

A first step would be to use a very simple format, a text one (ldif for
instance), but encapsulate in a way we don't have to care about the
transported data. For that, we need an encoder and a decoder, with an
defined interface, allowing us to switch it if needed.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com