directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shared] How to avoid some breakage in Studio when modifying shared
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:20:43 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Nevertheless, I think it only happens on API changes. In that case IMHO
>> we could also live with a broken build.
>>

> -1
> IMHO it's very bad practice accepting that trunk doesn't build for
> (days, weeks, months?).
> It's OSS and everybody can get a checkout of the trunk. Ok, it may
> happen that something is broken by mistake but that's far away from
> accepting, that the trunk will be broken by intention.

There is no 100% cool solution here, unless we stabilize the API and
don't change it. We just have to reach a consensus which is a good
balance between all the pros and cons.

So far, there were very little breakages in Studio becuase of some
change in shared, so I guess that we just have to fix breakage in studio
as soon as continuum informs us that we have such breakages.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com