directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shared] How to avoid some breakage in Studio when modifying shared
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:18:22 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
>
>> I guys,
>
>> - we should depend on tagged versions of shared in studio, as we are
>> modifying shared pretty enough
>>

> -1
>
> For Studio we also need modifications in shared. Just recently I fixed
> and extended the LdapURL class and added a GeneralizedTime class. To
> wait 3 days for a vote and a release would slow down the Studio development.
Maybe you are right...
> What about importing the Studio projects into your workspace, all
> together apacheds, shared and studio?
I'm afraid it could cost a lot to build, something we want to avoid, as
we usually run the full build before committing code. This is where the
continuous build save our a**.
> Then we could see if we break
> another subproject. (Just for the record, I think we need to remove
> shared libraries in the jars project)

what do you mean ?
> Nevertheless, I think it only happens on API changes. In that case IMHO
> we could also live with a broken build.

well, your call :) But as soon as we are moving toward a 1.0 for shared,
the breakage will be less frequent too.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny