directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: [Shared] How to avoid some breakage in Studio when modifying shared
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:15:39 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny schrieb:
> I guys,
> yesturday, as I modified shared, I broke Studio. The reason is that we
> have a DSML sub-project in Studio which depends on the Message API in
> shared.
> Here are some ideas to avoid such breakage in the near future :
> - the DSML subproject should become a shared-dsml sub-project

> - we should depend on tagged versions of shared in studio, as we are
> modifying shared pretty enough

For Studio we also need modifications in shared. Just recently I fixed
and extended the LdapURL class and added a GeneralizedTime class. To
wait 3 days for a vote and a release would slow down the Studio development.

What about importing the Studio projects into your workspace, all
together apacheds, shared and studio? Then we could see if we break
another subproject. (Just for the record, I think we need to remove
shared libraries in the jars project)

Nevertheless, I think it only happens on API changes. In that case IMHO
we could also live with a broken build.

BTW: Thanks Felix for heads up.

View raw message