directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Shared] How to avoid some breakage in Studio when modifying shared
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:52:24 GMT
I guys,

yesturday, as I modified shared, I broke Studio. The reason is that we
have a DSML sub-project in Studio which depends on the Message API in
shared.

Here are some ideas to avoid such breakage in the near future :
- the DSML subproject should become a shared-dsml sub-project
- we should depend on tagged versions of shared in studio, as we are
modifying shared pretty enough
- if we do that, it means we have to release shared more often
- otherwise, we have to build studio each time we do a modification in
shared, which will be overkilling, IMHO

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny