directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [XBeans] [Spring] Any issue with moving to spring 2.5?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:14:22 GMT
Hi Stefan,

not only is this complex from the user POV, but from the developper POV,
this is a nightmare. I frankly don't like those annotations stuff, plus
the fact that the objects are instanciated during the xml file
processing is a real burden (and makes the configuration file way too
complex).

I will talk my mind : I think that going for Spring was a big mistake.

Now, what can we do ? I think that the way to go is to have the
configuration in the DIT, with LDIF based configuration files (like
OpenLdap has).

The question is when will we have time to do that...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org