directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Why is setLdapServer() called on LdapSession?
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 05:09:47 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> You're calling session.setLdapServer() on sessions when you're getting them
> from the LdapServer in the first place.  Take a look at line 120 of
> LdapRequestHandler to see.  I was wondering should not this already be set
> when you get the LdapSession from the LdapServer?

This is to have a direct access to the ldapSession instance from the
ldapServer. If we don't do that, we have to look into the session map to
get access to it, which is a little bit more complex.

Now, the question is why is it not set when the session is created the
first time ? The LdapSession instance is created in the
LdapProcotolHandler class in ldapServer.
> Thanks,
> Alex

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny