directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving bigbang branch to trunk ?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:40:39 GMT
Hi guys,

I think it's now time to move bigbang to trunk, if there is no objection.

We also have to prepare a 1.5.4, as we have found some very serious bugs
in ADS 1.5.3. I have done a quick review of all the opened issues we
have. Here is the list :

| DIRSERVER-1212 | Size time limits on SearchControls broken in
core-jndi | Alex Karasulu | Alex Karasulu | Blocker |
| DIRSERVER-1161 | search results are not streamed to the client until
final done response is queued | Emmanuel Lecharny | Norval Hope |
Blocker |

| DIRSERVER-955 | FilterMatch permissions are not being handled in
Access Control decisions | Ersin Er | Ersin Er | Critical |
| DIRSERVER-956 | Aborting a client search does not stop the search |
Alex Karasulu | Emmanuel Lecharny | Critical |

| DIRSERVER-1231 | Some operation can't be reverted with a single
reverseLdif element | Unassigned | Emmanuel Lecharny | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1226 | Search request causing schema exception on
apacheHierarchy attribute type which was probably renamed | Unassigned |
Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1223 | @Ignore annotation on both core and server integ
causes tests to stop | Unassigned | Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1214 | Searches done with an empty baseDN are not accepted,
except for the rootDSE | Unassigned | Emmanuel Lecharny | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1211 | Error code 54 in modify-replace operation | Emmanuel
Lecharny | Stefan Seelmann | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1203 | RFC2307bis Support is missing | Unassigned | Allen
Wittenauer | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1201 | Interceptors not working (XBean) | Unassigned |
Michael Fladischer | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1200 | DefaultPartitionNexus unable to use non-JdbmPartition
as systemPartition | Alex Karasulu | Icky Dude | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1199 | Improperly named/missing getter/setter for Registries
SchemaLoader | Unassigned | Icky Dude | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1198 | Requests of usercertificate;binary are not supported
| Emmanuel Lecharny | Chris Trobridge | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1187 | "failed to unbind session properly" when searching
Root DSE | Alex Karasulu | Icky Dude | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1184 | When searching for Operational Attribute, some user
attributes are returned | Unassigned | Emmanuel Lecharny | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1181 | Too many results when using searchfilter with escaped
asterisks \2A | Emmanuel Lecharny | Stefan Seelmann | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1173 | Delete operation with a PersistentSearch returns the
deleted entry | Unassigned | Emmanuel Lecharny | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1172 | Sasl PLAIN mechanism should only be enabled/offered
after TLS layer is establish | Unassigned | Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1169 | Access control don't apply to the rootDSE |
Unassigned | Emmanuel Lecharny | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1154 | Declaration and instantiation of refService in
ServerLdapContext limits extensibility | Unassigned | Icky Dude | Major

| DIRSERVER-1153 | PersistenceSearchTest fails sometimes | Alex Karasulu
| Felix Knecht | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1150 | No error thrown when removing a non existing value of
an attribute | Emmanuel Lecharny | Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1143 | ldappasswd fails to bind | Unassigned | Martin
Schuster | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1137 | getAttributes( nm, null ) returns empty Attributes if
replication enabled? | Unassigned | Simon Temple | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1116 | apacheds-protocol-dhcp-1.5.1.jar is missing in
Windows Intaller 1.5.1 | Alex Karasulu | Holger Winkelmann | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1108 |
[kerberos]org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.shared.crypto.encryption.ArcFourHmacMd5Encryption

decryption function is not complete | Emmanuel Lecharny | spark shen |
Major |
| DIRSERVER-1107 |
[kerberos]org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.shared.crypto.encryption.DesCbcCrcEncryption

shall not use java.util.zip.CRC32 to generate CRC32 checksum |
Unassigned | Leo Li | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1106 | Hot partition removal leaves server in inconsistent
state (removal is buggy) | Unassigned | Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1101 | New replicas may never receive some recent
modifications | Martin Alderson | Martin Alderson | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1094 | ChangeLog interfaces must be able to capture enough
information to restore state of operational attributes | Unassigned |
Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1093 | the ResourceRecordEncoder and QuestionRecordEncoder
have bug for empty domainName:( | Enrique Rodriguez | lizongbo | Major |

| DIRSERVER-1092 | org.apache.directory.server.dns.store.RecordStore not
support ordered multiple resource record answers | Enrique Rodriguez |
lizongbo | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1091 | not Support multiple resource record answers caused
by ResourceRecordImpl's error equals method | Enrique Rodriguez |
lizongbo | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1088 | Do not cache plain text passwords in credential cache
or in LdapPrincipal | Unassigned | Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1059 | Interceptor bypass logic is flawed | Unassigned |
Emmanuel Lecharny | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1040 | Unrequested attributes returned on ldap search |
Unassigned | Ricardo Chicca Junior | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1010 | Should the order in which hot partitions are
connected to matter? | Unassigned | Ole Ersoy | Major |
| DIRSERVER-1000 | The filter of the rangeOfValues protectedItem should
be evaluated on only the single attribute, not the whole entry | Ersin
Er | Ersin Er | Major |
| DIRSERVER-999 | rangeOfValues protedtedItem should not be applicable
in Entry scope | Ersin Er | Ersin Er | Major |
| DIRSERVER-985 | PartitionConfig is specific to Jdbm | Chris Custine |
Chris Custine | Major |
| DIRSERVER-982 | Installed server not aware of Hot Partition entries |
Unassigned | Ole Ersoy | Major |
| DIRSERVER-964 | Binding does not return DirContext Object's when
creating by doing ctx.createSubcontext("cn=test"); | Unassigned | Ole
Ersoy | Major |
| DIRSERVER-926 | Can not restart ADS because SO_REUSEADDR isn't used. |
Unassigned | Mark Swanson | Major |
| DIRSERVER-922 | Data is "lost" after adding Index to config file |
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot | Martin Marcher | Major |
| DIRSERVER-894 | Older concurrent changes are never replicated |
Unassigned | Martin Alderson | Major |
| DIRSERVER-851 | Check that new objectClasses do not have wrong KIND
combinations | Alex Karasulu | Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-849 | Lacking atomicity for modify operations on schema
subentry | Unassigned | Alex Karasulu | Major |
| DIRSERVER-824 | Collective attributes are not evaluated in search
operations when they are used in filter expressions | Unassigned | Ersin
Er | Major |
| DIRSERVER-787 | ApacheDS tools should use the daemon classloader
infrastructure to include jars in lib/ | Alex Karasulu | Alex Karasulu |
Major |
| DIRSERVER-776 | entryUUID only created when entries are added with
Mitosis enabled | Alex Karasulu | Alex Karasulu | Major |

| DIRSERVER-1229 | KerberosProtocolHandler has server and client swapped
in logErrorMessage | Unassigned | gerke forcare | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-1209 | Some SP tests are not working anymore because of JNDI
removal | Unassigned | Emmanuel Lecharny | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-1202 | Still getting an "error" log when starting the server
| Unassigned | Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-1139 | Loop detected on ldapcompare | Emmanuel Lecharny |
Michael Fladischer | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-1121 | Filter mutated by optimizer passed to other
partitions | Alex Karasulu | Shon Vella | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-1098 | New replicas may never be synchronised | Martin
Alderson | Martin Alderson | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-1068 | SASL and admin password | Unassigned | Ryan Swanstrom
| Minor |
| DIRSERVER-935 | Test hangs on non-existant schema entry lookup |
Unassigned | Ole Ersoy | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-907 | Overflowing the stack with ACI | Unassigned | Mark
Swanson | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-806 | No continuation references for referrals returned for
some search filters | Emmanuel Lecharny | Stefan Zoerner | Minor |
| DIRSERVER-803 | Creating an alias from a child entry to the ancestor
causes an error (return code 36) | Alex Karasulu | Stefan Zoerner |
Minor |

| DIRSERVER-257 | [Access Control] Autonomous areas for AC must not
overlap | Alex Karasulu | Alex Karasulu | Trivial |

It would be good to define a roadmap for the 1.5.4 release this week, so
we can fix some of those bugs, and move on to 1.5.5.

thoughts ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com