directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server-integ factory inheritence is not correct
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:06:43 GMT
Ok,

I have found the reason : the cleanup level was setup to SUITE instead
of CLASS, so the default factory was called instead of the class
factory. I switched it back to CLASS? and now the tests are running
correctly.

This is a powerfull feature, but somehow complex and dangerous...
Anyway, it works now :)

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when running server-integ tests, I have issues with the Bind test when
> running all of them in a raw, but not when running the unit tests
> class one by one (ie, running BindITest + MiscBindITest +
> SaslBindITest + SimpleBindITest fails, when running each of them one
> by one succeed).
>
> The reason is that in MiscITest, the factory is never called (@Factory
> ( MiscBindIT.Factory.class )
> ), so the "dc=aPache,dc=org" partition is not created. Sadly, some of
> the tests expect this partition to exist :
>
> testAnonymousBindsEnabledBaseSearch()
>        NamingEnumeration<SearchResult> list = ctx.search(
> "dc=apache,dc=org", "(objectClass=*)", cons );
> (failure)
>
> testUserAuthOnMixedCaseSuffix()
>        env.put( Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ldap://localhost:" +
> ldapServer.getIpPort() + "/dc=aPache,dc=org" );
>        Attributes attrs = ctx.getAttributes( "" );
> (failure)
>
> I think that the Factory is just called once, and the called factory
> is not the correct one (ie, the factory withing the class being
> tested), but instead the first called factory.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org