directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] is there an easy function to convert OIDs?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:06:12 GMT
Hammond, Steve wrote:
> I have java code interfacing with ADS by calling
> PartitionNexusProxy.search(searchOpContext).  Most DN's come back
> "readable".  But sometimes some of them come back with OIDs (I think
> that is normalized?)
>

> I have a dn 2.5.4.11=local,2.5.4.11=users
>
> Is there an existing function that can translate that to
> ou=local,ou=users?
>

> Just thought I would check before I dove in and wrote one that went thru
> the oid registry and changed any attribute names it could find.
>

> Thanx.

Sorry, the previous mail was not answering the question ... It was about
doing the exact opposite transformation :/

So, no, we don't have some convenient method to do the opposite. But if
you have created the DN using the textual form, then it should still be
stored into the DN and available, using the getUpName() method.

The idea is that we should keep the user provided form for a DN, so if a
user wants to provide  2.5.4.11=local,2.5.4.11=users, we don't transform
it to something more readable...

But writing the utility function is easy, as it's the exact opposite
method than the one I mentionned in my previous mail.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org