directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject A better organization for tests
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:54:46 GMT
Hi guys,

when I started to work on SASL code, I moved the test into a specific
operations.bind package in order to have a clean place to work. Then we
discussed with Alex and we found that splitting tests into several
packages, one per operation, would be a great thing.

Alex started to do that on server integ, and you can see that we have
operations.add, operations.del, etc.

The good thing about this is that it allows us to get a better operation
coverage, as we now have one unique place where we have all the tests
about one single operation.

There is also something messy about the current tests : we have many
DIRSERVER-xxxTest which cover one very specific bug. Having a new
regression test for each bug is good, but it might be better to inject
those tests into the operation they belongs to.

So here is a proposal : what about cleaning the tests, and order all the
spreaded tests into the correct package, when we have defined all of them ?

Also, I think we have to go through the RFCs and check of we cover all
the corner cases for each operations (I'm pretty sure we aren't...)

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com