directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <>
Subject Re: State of SLP protocol
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:48:51 GMT
Ok, thanks for the info Alex.  I went back and read the threads on the Mina
list about this so I have some background on this now and you are correct
about the multicast issue.  I'll ponder some options and if Jan has any
input that would be awesome.

Chris Custine
My Blog ::
Apache ServiceMix ::
Apache Directory Server ::

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Alex Karasulu <> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Chris Custine <>wrote:
>> Hi Everybody,
>> This question is obviously directed to Jan, but I wanted to see if anyone
>> else is working on or has interest in the SLP code at all.  From what I can
>> see, there is a stub for the codecs and some messages, but I didn't really
>> see any major plumbing for persisting permanent registrations into directory
>> yet (assuming this is the purpose of this work).  So as a general question I
>> am wondering if this is abandoned or just awaiting the stabilization of the
>> trunk after the merge of big bang?
> FYI we just swapped out the trunk for bb a few days ago.  Should be all
> good on that front.  I think the bottleneck may have been multicast support
> for MINA but don't remember.
> Alex

View raw message