directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject State of SLP protocol
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:34:07 GMT
Hi Everybody,
This question is obviously directed to Jan, but I wanted to see if anyone
else is working on or has interest in the SLP code at all.  From what I can
see, there is a stub for the codecs and some messages, but I didn't really
see any major plumbing for persisting permanent registrations into directory
yet (assuming this is the purpose of this work).  So as a general question I
am wondering if this is abandoned or just awaiting the stabilization of the
trunk after the merge of big bang?

Am I correct in interpreting that this code is destined to become an SLP DA
implementation similar to OpenSLP?  I have a couple of use cases for this
type of thing so I am interested in helping make progress on this once I get
a clear idea of the current state of things.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Custine