directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Cheong Chung Onn (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (DIRSERVER-1213) javax.naming.NamingException
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 05:21:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1213?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12623257#action_12623257
] 

Cheong Chung Onn commented on DIRSERVER-1213:
---------------------------------------------

Hi Emmanuel,

I am very impressed with your super quick response and you taking extra effort in preparing
the installers for me. In many ways your support has far exceeded my expectation especially
in an opensource forum! THANK YOU!

Here's the results of my test.

It didn't work immediately as i would like it ;)
However I traced the problem to the changes in namespace of the server.xml. After fixing this,
it just Works!

Btw, i have been using the archive instead of installer version, that's because we are using
apacheds as an embedded service. I tried to "extract" the jars from the APACHEDS_HOME and
ran it using apacheds.sh from 1.5.3 - but failed because of the missing uberjar. I will try
again later. 

If it is not too much of a trouble, could you please enlighten me on how to correctly build
the project using maven else I will wait for the release of 1.5.4. 

Thanks once again for you super support.


> javax.naming.NamingException 
> -----------------------------
>
>                 Key: DIRSERVER-1213
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1213
>             Project: Directory ApacheDS
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.5.3
>         Environment: Java 1.6.0_06
> Ubuntu x86 8.04.1
>            Reporter: Cheong Chung Onn
>            Assignee: Emmanuel Lecharny
>             Fix For: 1.5.4
>
>         Attachments: people-simpsons.ldif, schema.ldif, server.xml
>
>
> I imported 2 ldif files (schema, data) into apacheDS 1.5.3 and everything work as per
excepted, however when i shutdown server and launch it the second time i get a javax.naming.NamingException.
When I repeat this using apacheDS 1.5.1 everything is well. 
> Here's the error exception stack trace
> Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NamingException [Root exception is java.io.UTFDataFormatException]
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmTable.getRaw(JdbmTable.java:1371)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmTable.get(JdbmTable.java:314)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmMasterTable.get(JdbmMasterTable.java:139)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.lookup(JdbmStore.java:1115)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.getSuffixEntry(JdbmStore.java:1202)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.initSuffixEntry3(JdbmStore.java:445)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmStore.init(JdbmStore.java:335)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition.init(JdbmPartition.java:243)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.addContextPartition(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:647)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.init(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:318)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1402)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:775)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS.startup(ApacheDS.java:130)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:86)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.UberjarMain.main(UberjarMain.java:56)
> Caused by: java.io.UTFDataFormatException
>    at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readUTFSpan(ObjectInputStream.java:3074)
>    at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readUTFBody(ObjectInputStream.java:3007)
>    at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readUTF(ObjectInputStream.java:2820)
>    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readUTF(ObjectInputStream.java:1051)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ServerEntrySerializer.deserialize(ServerEntrySerializer.java:347)
>    at jdbm.btree.BPage.deserialize(BPage.java:1000)
>    at jdbm.recman.BaseRecordManager.fetch(BaseRecordManager.java:341)
>    at jdbm.recman.CacheRecordManager.fetch(CacheRecordManager.java:263)
>    at jdbm.btree.BPage.loadBPage(BPage.java:826)
>    at jdbm.btree.BPage.childBPage(BPage.java:816)
>    at jdbm.btree.BPage.find(BPage.java:285)
>    at jdbm.btree.BTree.find(BTree.java:407)
>    at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmTable.getRaw(JdbmTable.java:1362)
>    ... 14 more

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message