Some test cases for core-integ and server-integ may want to access the InheritedSettings and ServerInheritedSettings respectively to access settings such as the current test name via the test description etc.  JUnit 4 is horrible at telling you which test is currently being executed which makes it painful to do things in @Before methods based on the test being executed.

I was thinking of injecting the InheritedSettings into a class member like settings.  This static member would be updated for each test run and hence would be accessible to @Before methods which are themselves static.

Anyways thought having this information available may help in some respects but I don't know for sure.   Either way it's a trivial thing.