On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

just a question :
what should we do when a user send a BindRequest if it already has an open session ? Should we brutally delete his ldapSession, or wait until all the running rquests have completed ? Should we terminate the session with an UnbindRequest? Should we Abandon the current running requests ?

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!  Just create the new session.  There can be several connections to the server by the same principal.  Think about connection pooling or applications with duplicate connections used for different purposes.  Who knows why but it should be allowed.

Currently, we don't do anything like that (and wrt RFC 4513, this is not the way to go).

I don't think so.  This would cause serious issues.

Thoughts ?

PS : IMO, we should wait until all the current running requests are completed. We should also 'kill' the persistent search requests.

Please let's not do that.

Alex