Ahhh great glad you were thinking the same.  I like the idea of holding these parameters in the LdapSession.

Thanks,
Alex

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 4:29 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Alex Karasulu wrote:
Hi all,

Just wondering if there's a better place (more type save) where we can store
these SASL Props rather than in the MINA session attributes.  As an example
of what I am talking about take a look at the following SASL mechanism
handler:

   http://sahyie.notlong.com/

Thoughts?

This is definitively somethingw e have to fix. SASL properties are used during the SASL negotiation, and not when we are bound. Following the steps needed to be bound using SASL, we start as anonymous (no LdapSession, no CoreSession). Then we move to a transient state, where we are not bound, but during a negotiation state. This can be stored into a LdapSession, assuming that the user is not marked a Authenticated.

If the LdapSession contains such a state (transiting from anonymous to authenticated with an intermediate state), we can put everything into a specific container in this LdapSession instance.

This is exactly what I was working on when I read your mail.

Thoughts ?
-Alex

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny