Thanks for the update Emm.  This all sounds good - hope I can free up some time to do this.

Alex

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

BigBang is almost ok, but we still have problem in two areas.

- Authentication. We have to review all the authentication mechanism, by getting the old LdapProtocol out of our way, and switching to the new LdapProtocol. The change will be drastic, but will have the advantage of giving us more control on what is done, and also to remove JNDI from this part (JNDI is really a burden when it comes to authentication).

We will work on this with Alex next week, it should take us a day to fix that.

- Persistent search. None of the tests are currently working. I doubt that the new version had ever worked. I let it on Alex plate, as it's a brand new implementation, and I don't want to mess with it right now.

We also have problems in replication, but nothing really bad (just the OperationContext not being used).

The vote for 1.5.3 is nw closed, I will send a mail about the result, so we are ready to get bigbang work and move it to 1.5.4 branch. And then it will be the end of the bigbang branch !

Thanks !