No worries then we can postpone this one until we have more insight.

Thanks,
Alex

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 7:31 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Alex Karasulu wrote:
Emmanuel,
 
Hi Alex,

The decoder bug with these filters (cn=**) was way too much of a pain for me
to fix in a few hours.
I also spent half a day trying to figure out what was the problem.

 I'd burn half a day trying to understand how to
change the decoder without breaking it.
I'm not sure that it's a decoder problem. As far as I remember, the filter is already parsed by the JNDI layer, and the PDU is containing something which is handled correctly by the decoder. I have to go back to this issue to give you some more insight, but that's for sure not a simple one/

 I realized it's best to leave it up
to you when you have a chance.  Here's the commit with the test case
commented out for the issue:

   http://tiexui.notlong.com/

Here's the issue URL:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1180

Just take a look at my recent comment and the test case which will show you
the bug.  Make sure you turn debugging on in the log4j.properties file of
server-unit when running in eclipse to see the bug.  Otherwise the test just
hangs without letting you know what's up.  Please read my comment on this
for some idea on how to handle this issue.
 
Ok, will do.

If you think this is something that cannot be tackled in a short time let's
just push it to 1.5.4.
 
I don't think we can kill it by 1.5.3, but not sure. I have to refresh my mind about what is going on, as I already tried to fix it but had to give up, and there might have been a good reason for that.

Thanks !


--
--
cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org