I think we should release ApacheDS 1.5.3 and make sure studio still works with the various features below.
We can kick off a vote for ApacheDS as soon as we fix this normalization with # issue?
I think we're now OK to release a first RC for Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0.
Here's a quick summup of the improvements.
First, the Apache DS plugin is approaching its last steps. I'm currently testing it heavily under all types of Operating Systems (Mac OS X, Linux Ubuntu and Windows), and it's looking great. :)
Next, The Apache DS Configuration plugin has been updated to support the 3 latest versions of Apache DS. It's not capable of reading/writing the server.xml file of an Apache DS 1.5.0, 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.
The Search Logs view has been added to the LDAP Browser.
We've also added the support to use the proxy features of Eclipse inside Studio as well as improved the platform (useful actions have been added to the platform, the Mac OS X application now respects the standards of Apple for the "About" and "Preferences" actions, etc.).
We've also fixed some bugs dealing with schema files and schema parsing in the Schema Editor and LDAP Browser plugins.
Here's the complete list of resolved or closed Jira issues:
Let's vote now:
- DIRSTUDIO-330 - CoreException raised in editor when opening a *.txt file
- DIRSTUDIO-326 - Non-Operational attributes are marked as operational when bind to Siemens DirX 7.0
- DIRSTUDIO-318 - Rename of multi-values RDN does not work when changing the second RDN
- DIRSTUDIO-332 - Add support for 1.5.2 and 1.5.0 server.xml configuration files
- DIRSTUDIO-339 - Add the 'org.eclipse.ui.carbon' Eclipse plugin to the Mac OS X distribution
- DIRSTUDIO-336 - Errors when parsing schema of some LDAP servers
- DIRSTUDIO-266 - OpenLDAP schema files parser fails when DESC contains an empty string ''
- DIRSTUDIO-342 - Relax the parser for the *.schema files
- DIRSTUDIO-329 - Replace internal URL class by shared-ldap LdapURL class
- DIRSTUDIO-338 - Update Eclipse dependencies to the latest Eclipse version (3.3.2)
- DIRSTUDIO-347 - Keybinding conflict for CTRL+Q
- DIRSTUDIO-321 - Need to be able to set SOCKS proxy in the RCP version
- DIRSTUDIO-128 - Replace internal schema parser with the schema parser in shared-ldap.
- DIRSTUDIO-121 - Some propery pages make the dialog very tall
- DIRSTUDIO-337 - Add Save and Print actions in the toolbar of the RCP application
- DIRSTUDIO-328 - Search Logs View
[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1