On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Alex Karasulu wrote:
Any releases out of this library yet?  Got links?

All I have is http://www.nabble.com/simpler-api-to-the-Derby-store-to18137499.html#a18137499

I have been contacted by François Orsini directly, and transfered the mail to Kiran and the dev list.

I assume they want us to be guinea pigs, but with brain :) I like the idea. It has many advantages :
- we get a direct line with the developpers
- we may get what we need in the API
- we have one more possible backend
- both project get a benefit out of it

All excellent points and we should support this effort.  It's a no brainer for us to implement and test for them.  We can even get stats between a JDBM and DerbyBTree partition implementation.

Bottom line is that we are not stuck with JDBM, but get a maintained BTree code.

Aye options are great to have especially under the ASL.

I didn't had time to go any farther right now, and I think Kiran is the guy when it comes to backend those days.

Aye he's doing great and has a full grasp of the partition design.  I think he could easily adapt it if he is interested and feels he can find the time.

I was just the french guy who shared beers with another french fellow in Amsterdam, and discussed about how our both projects can collaborate :) Wanna me to dig the thing inside out ?

Just perfect let's keep this relationship progressing.

Thanks,
Alex