Now that Apache DS 1.5.3 has been released, I think we're OK to release a first RC for Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0.
Here's a quick summup of the improvements:
Testing distributions are available here:
- The Apache DS plugin has been updated with the latest Apache DS 1.5.3 jars.
- The Apache DS Configuration plugin has been updated to support the 4
latest versions of Apache DS. It's now capable to read/write the
server.xml file of an Apache DS 1.5.0, 1.5.1, 1.5.2 and 1.5.3.
- The Search Logs view has been added to the LDAP Browser.
- We've also added the support to use the proxy features of Eclipse
inside Studio as well as improved the platform (useful actions have
been added to the platform, the Mac OS X application now respects the
standards of Apple for the "About" and "Preferences" actions, etc.).
- We've also fixed some bugs dealing with schema files and schema parsing in the Schema Editor and LDAP Browser plugins.
Here's the complete list of resolved or closed Jira issues:
- DIRSTUDIO-350 - DS is not properly displaying case of group DN
- DIRSTUDIO-349 - Unable to enter large values for uid
- DIRSTUDIO-347 - Keybinding conflict for CTRL+Q
- DIRSTUDIO-343 - Referrals not handled.
- DIRSTUDIO-342 - Relax the parser for the *.schema files
- DIRSTUDIO-341 - Paste error
- DIRSTUDIO-339 - Add the 'org.eclipse.ui.carbon' Eclipse plugin to the Mac OS X distribution
- DIRSTUDIO-338 - Update Eclipse dependencies to the latest Eclipse version (3.3.2)
- DIRSTUDIO-337 - Add Save and Print actions in the toolbar of the RCP application
- DIRSTUDIO-336 - Errors when parsing schema of some LDAP servers
- DIRSTUDIO-332 - Add support for 1.5.3, 1.5.2 and 1.5.0 server.xml configuration files
- DIRSTUDIO-330 - CoreException raised in editor when opening a *.txt file
- DIRSTUDIO-329 - Replace internal URL class by shared-ldap LdapURL class
- DIRSTUDIO-328 - Search Logs View
- DIRSTUDIO-326 - Non-Operational attributes are marked as operational when bind to Siemens DirX 7.0
- DIRSTUDIO-325 - Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
- DIRSTUDIO-323 - Studio fails to read ApacheDS server.xml
- DIRSTUDIO-321 - Need to be able to set SOCKS proxy in the RCP version
- DIRSTUDIO-318 - Rename of multi-values RDN does not work when changing the second RDN
- DIRSTUDIO-317 - Update legal files after moving to Apache Directory Shared LDAP version 0.9.9
- DIRSTUDIO-315 - Choosing new value, in entry editor shows new entry when server error occures
- DIRSTUDIO-295 - Add a console for errors
- DIRSTUDIO-273 - Unable to get Base DNs on OID (Oracle Internet Directory)
- DIRSTUDIO-266 - OpenLDAP schema files parser fails when DESC contains an empty string ''
- DIRSTUDIO-209 - Cannot expand attribute list
- DIRSTUDIO-157 - Studio looses STRG-V over some time of use
- DIRSTUDIO-128 - Replace internal schema parser with the schema parser in shared-ldap.
- DIRSTUDIO-126 - Triple click to edit attribute
DIRSTUDIO-121 - Some property pages make the dialog very tall
- DIRSTUDIO-89 - Entry painted even though not created in server
- DIRSTUDIO-46 - Add connections import/export
Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1