directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [BIND] BindRequest and current session ...
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:41:06 GMT
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just a question :
> what should we do when a user send a BindRequest if it already has an open
> session ? Should we brutally delete his ldapSession, or wait until all the
> running rquests have completed ? Should we terminate the session with an
> UnbindRequest? Should we Abandon the current running requests ?

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!  Just create the new session.  There can be several
connections to the server by the same principal.  Think about connection
pooling or applications with duplicate connections used for different
purposes.  Who knows why but it should be allowed.

> Currently, we don't do anything like that (and wrt RFC 4513, this is not
> the way to go).

I don't think so.  This would cause serious issues.

> Thoughts ?
>
> PS : IMO, we should wait until all the current running requests are
> completed. We should also 'kill' the persistent search requests.

Please let's not do that.

Alex