directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Project] Project pom release 11 is same as 10
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 00:13:16 GMT
Hi Felix,

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> Alex Karasulu schrieb:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a note to the community.  As I was releasing ApacheDS 1.5.3 I noticed
>> that we were still set to version 10 of the TLP pom.  The latest version
>> that I just released is 11.  Both are poms are identical besides the
>> versions and URLs into svn where the tags can be found.
>>

> It's quite a time ago I had the last time a 'silly' question, but
>
> Why do we need to release then a new version of the pom? Maybe I missed
> something but IMO if nothing has changed we should still be able to use pom
> version 10, don't we?

You're right we did not need to release 11 at all.  I accidentally released
it because when I looked at the project/trunk/pom.xml it was at
11-SNAPSHOT.  I presumed shared, apacheds, daemon and installers trunks used
this 11-SNAPSHOT.  I also presumed that it was bumped up to 11-SNAPSHOT
because changes were induced to 10.

Next time I will check to make sure there are no differences before
releasing.  This pom should not be bumped on each release iteration to the
next SNAPSHOT.  Part of the problem is Maven's release plugin which does
this automatically.

Regards,
Alex