directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [Installers] Some thoughts regarding better organization for installers
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:46:03 GMT
Hi all,

Was just looking at the installers project during release and I got some
ideas.

(1) Perhaps we should break apart this big apacheds module under it into
separate installers for:
      o server-installer (apacheds module)
      o studio-installer (studio module)
      o suite-installer (suite module)
(2) Fix suite installer so it no longer needs to pull installer from a
website? Is this even worth doing?

I'm thinking this might help fix several issues in the pom due to
dependencies etc, and how we manage to build the suite installer .

WDYT?