directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] Decoder bug DIRSERVER-1180: had to reassign issue
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:32:40 GMT
Emmanuel,

The decoder bug with these filters (cn=**) was way too much of a pain for me
to fix in a few hours. I'd burn half a day trying to understand how to
change the decoder without breaking it.  I realized it's best to leave it up
to you when you have a chance.  Here's the commit with the test case
commented out for the issue:

    http://tiexui.notlong.com/

Here's the issue URL:

Just take a look at my recent comment and the test case which will show you
the bug.  Make sure you turn debugging on in the log4j.properties file of
server-unit when running in eclipse to see the bug.  Otherwise the test just
hangs without letting you know what's up.  Please read my comment on this
for some idea on how to handle this issue.

If you think this is something that cannot be tackled in a short time let's
just push it to 1.5.4.

Thanks,
Alex