directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using derby BTree new implementation
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 16:45:26 GMT
On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>
wrote:

> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Any releases out of this library yet?  Got links?
>>

> All I have is
> http://www.nabble.com/simpler-api-to-the-Derby-store-to18137499.html#a18137499
>
> I have been contacted by Fran├žois Orsini directly, and transfered the mail
> to Kiran and the dev list.
>
> I assume they want us to be guinea pigs, but with brain :) I like the idea.
> It has many advantages :
> - we get a direct line with the developpers
> - we may get what we need in the API
> - we have one more possible backend
> - both project get a benefit out of it

All excellent points and we should support this effort.  It's a no brainer
for us to implement and test for them.  We can even get stats between a JDBM
and DerbyBTree partition implementation.

> Bottom line is that we are not stuck with JDBM, but get a maintained BTree
> code.

Aye options are great to have especially under the ASL.

> I didn't had time to go any farther right now, and I think Kiran is the guy
> when it comes to backend those days.

Aye he's doing great and has a full grasp of the partition design.  I think
he could easily adapt it if he is interested and feels he can find the time.

> I was just the french guy who shared beers with another french fellow in
> Amsterdam, and discussed about how our both projects can collaborate :)
> Wanna me to dig the thing inside out ?

Just perfect let's keep this relationship progressing.

Thanks,
Alex