directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 15:28:27 GMT
Hi all,

I think we're now OK to release a first RC for Apache Directory Studio
1.2.0.

Here's a quick summup of the improvements.

First, the Apache DS plugin is approaching its last steps. I'm currently
testing it heavily under all types of Operating Systems (Mac OS X, Linux
Ubuntu and Windows), and it's looking great. :)

Next, The Apache DS Configuration plugin has been updated to support the 3
latest versions of Apache DS. It's not capable of reading/writing the
server.xml file of an Apache DS 1.5.0, 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.

The Search Logs view has been added to the LDAP Browser.

We've also added the support to use the proxy features of Eclipse inside
Studio as well as improved the platform (useful actions have been added to
the platform, the Mac OS X application now respects the standards of Apple
for the "About" and "Preferences" actions, etc.).

We've also fixed some bugs dealing with schema files and schema parsing in
the Schema Editor and LDAP Browser plugins.

Here's the complete list of resolved or closed Jira issues:

   - DIRSTUDIO-330 - CoreException raised in editor when opening a *.txt
   file
   - DIRSTUDIO-326 - Non-Operational attributes are marked as operational
   when bind to Siemens DirX 7.0
   - DIRSTUDIO-318 - Rename of multi-values RDN does not work when changing
   the second RDN
   - DIRSTUDIO-332 - Add support for 1.5.2 and 1.5.0 server.xml
   configuration files
   - DIRSTUDIO-339 - Add the 'org.eclipse.ui.carbon' Eclipse plugin to the
   Mac OS X distribution
   - DIRSTUDIO-336 - Errors when parsing schema of some LDAP servers
   - DIRSTUDIO-266 - OpenLDAP schema files parser fails when DESC contains
   an empty string ''
   - DIRSTUDIO-342 - Relax the parser for the *.schema files
   - DIRSTUDIO-329 - Replace internal URL class by shared-ldap LdapURL class
   - DIRSTUDIO-338 - Update Eclipse dependencies to the latest Eclipse
   version (3.3.2)
   - DIRSTUDIO-347 - Keybinding conflict for CTRL+Q
   - DIRSTUDIO-321 - Need to be able to set SOCKS proxy in the RCP version
   - DIRSTUDIO-128 - Replace internal schema parser with the schema parser
   in shared-ldap.
   - DIRSTUDIO-121 - Some propery pages make the dialog very tall
   - DIRSTUDIO-337 - Add Save and Print actions in the toolbar of the RCP
   application
   - DIRSTUDIO-328 - Search Logs View

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do NOT release Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot