directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Updated download pages for Apache DS and Studio
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 12:24:57 GMT
Hi all,

In order to fix Jira DIR-228 - "Very difficult to find KEYS, hashes and sigs
for downloads" (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIR-228), I've updated
all our download pages for Apache DS and Studio.

Downloads for Apache DS 1.0, Apache DS 1.5 and Apache Directory Studio now
follow the same layout.

We now have a "Downloads" page which lets the user select between various
distributions (Mac OS X, Linux, Windows or Binary, DEB, RPM installers,
etc.) the one he's looking for.

For each distribution, we have a special page which displays the download
link for a preferred mirror (nearby the user's location).
This page also allows the user to change the mirror and displays all the
needed information such as Installation, Requirements, as well as how to
verify the integrity of the downloaded distribution.

I updated the menus of all the websites to display only a download link to
the latest release. A "Older versions" link is still there in case someone
needs to download a previous version.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot