directory-dev mailing list archives

From niraj patel <nirajpatel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apache Directory Server redistribution with custom schema jar
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:55:39 GMT
Hi,

I followed document http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html to create
new schema to add custom class having custom attributes.

And I have created jar XYZ.jar and put it in %APACHE_DRECTORY_SERVER_HOME%\lib

Now we have to redistribute apache directory server with newly created jar xyz.jar with our
commercial software.

So, I hve below questions, please answer my questions and if you would add details I would
be obliged

Is it legal to create custom schema by following this document http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/custom-schema.html?

So do I need to create licence file or notice file before redistributing apache directory
server with this newly created jar xyz.jar ?

And if I have to create licence or notice file than what should I include, in other words
what should be the format?

Eagerly waiting for reply

Thanks,
Niraj