directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [BIND] BindRequest and current session ...
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:44:19 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> just a question :
>> what should we do when a user send a BindRequest if it already has an open
>> session ? Should we brutally delete his ldapSession, or wait until all the
>> running rquests have completed ? Should we terminate the session with an
>> UnbindRequest? Should we Abandon the current running requests ?
>>

> NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!  Just create the new session.  There can be several
> connections to the server by the same principal.  Think about connection
> pooling or applications with duplicate connections used for different
> purposes.  Who knows why but it should be allowed.

As stated by RFC 4511, par 4.2.1, (thanks jeff), if a user send another
bindRequest, the previous session should be abandonned or completed.
Note that it has nothing to do with the principale, as you may still
open as many session as you want, assuming that you are opening new
IoSessions. May be it was not clear in my previous mail that it was on
_the same_ connection.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.nextury.com