directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] [BIND] BindRequest and current session ...
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:31:48 GMT
Hi,

just a question :
what should we do when a user send a BindRequest if it already has an
open session ? Should we brutally delete his ldapSession, or wait until
all the running rquests have completed ? Should we terminate the session
with an UnbindRequest? Should we Abandon the current running requests ?

Currently, we don't do anything like that (and wrt RFC 4513, this is not
the way to go).

Thoughts ?

PS : IMO, we should wait until all the current running requests are
completed. We should also 'kill' the persistent search requests.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org