directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL] Is there a better place for SASL Props
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:29:48 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if there's a better place (more type save) where we can store
> these SASL Props rather than in the MINA session attributes.  As an example
> of what I am talking about take a look at the following SASL mechanism
> handler:
>
>     http://sahyie.notlong.com/
>
> Thoughts?

This is definitively somethingw e have to fix. SASL properties are used
during the SASL negotiation, and not when we are bound. Following the
steps needed to be bound using SASL, we start as anonymous (no
LdapSession, no CoreSession). Then we move to a transient state, where
we are not bound, but during a negotiation state. This can be stored
into a LdapSession, assuming that the user is not marked a Authenticated.

If the LdapSession contains such a state (transiting from anonymous to
authenticated with an intermediate state), we can put everything into a
specific container in this LdapSession instance.

This is exactly what I was working on when I read your mail.

Thoughts ?
> -Alex

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny