directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Newbie Creating a partition
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:24:44 GMT
Hi Narsi,

Narsi Bala wrote:

> I am a newbie to LDAP and ApacheDS.  I am trying to follow the documentation
> for ApacheDS 1.5.2 to create a new partition. The link in
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/144-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html
>
> The server.xml nodes describe in the above link is different from the
> server.xml I have. I seem to have an updated version. Am i looking at the
> right file ? If so  where is the above equivalent link for the updated
> server.xml.

Unfortunately, the documentation has not been updated yet. But the new
configuration style makes it quite simple to add a new partition.

Go to the <partitions> element within your server.xml and add a
<jdbmPartition ...> block comparable to the example partition shipped
with the default configuration. Something like

       <jdbmPartition id="sevenSeas" cacheSize="100"
suffix="o=sevenSeas" optimizerEnabled="true"
                      syncOnWrite="true">
         <indexedAttributes>
           <jdbmIndex attributeId="objectClass" cacheSize="100"/>
         </indexedAttributes>
         <contextEntry>#sevenSeasContextEntry</contextEntry>
       </jdbmPartition>

later on, add a context entry in the config file comparable to the one
for the example.

Sorry for the inconvenience with the documentation. I hope this helps ...

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan