directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DN parsng wiki page
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 00:29:42 GMT

>> Currently, if the OID is not found, then we consider that the DN is
>> incorrect, and we throw an error. This is done during the DN
>> normalization. Is that the correct behavior ? (Assuming that we handle
>> correctly the referrals and extensible ObjectClass... To be double
>> checked ! Did I forgot any other case ?)
>
> I think that covers it for DN parsing. Attribute normalization is also
> needed for filter evaluation, and in that case, servers are supposed
> to silently ignore invalid/unrecognized filter terms.
Filter is parsed in another part of the code. I _think_ we follow the
rules about ignoring unknown terms.

I will check the cases where an element of a DN is not known by the
server, because we are using a referral or an extensible OC. Thanks for
mentioning it, Howard !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com