directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [bb] MiscITest failure, take 2
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:09:24 GMT
Hi,

I still have failures on MiscITest, on both testDisableAnonymousBinds()
and testEnableAnonymousBindsOnRootDSE() unit tests.

The reason why we have some failure is because we have disabled
anonymous bind on the server. The big problem is that it's now handled
in the Bind handler, which is called while creating the context.

The big problem is that as soon as we are not allowed to do an anonymous
bind, then we can't anymore create a context. Then any kind of following
operation will fail, and this is the reason why the tests are failing.

InitialContextCreation should not try to bind the user, unless we are
not asking for an Anonymous Bind. We hould just create a context, and
return it to the user. As soon as e will try to do a search, if the
Anonymous state is not allowed, then it will get an exception.

In fact, the Anonymous bind is not a bind at all, it's just a state we
get into as soon as we open a session on the server. Until we close the
session (or it is closed buy the server itself), the user is either in
Anonymous state or in authenticated state. Switching from one state to
the other requires either a user action (a Bind with another mechanism,
an Unbind) or a server action (authent revocation if the authent is
based on certificate, and the certificate is revoqued or expire during a
session).

We have to review all the BigBang authentication mechanism as fast as
possible.

I'm disabling those two tests.

Thanks !