directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:23:16 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> This is a workaround. Is there a way to define an editor which can
>> handle something like a BigDecimal instead of an integer, of course in a
>> matter of hours?
>>

> What we could to is to remove the "Spinner" widget and instead add a
> simple text field and add a validator that validates the value using
>   new BigInteger(text);
> and in case of a NumberFormatException we reject the value.

As said Pierre-Arnaud, as soon as the user is aware that there is a
workaround, no need to replace a pretty cool widget by a less optimal one.
> However as discussed in DIRSTUDIO-234 we should consider if all those
> smart features help or just handicap the users...

Right now, I think they help the user, aren't they ? And the fact that
you still can use the text editor anyway is a good enough workaround,
unless we really want to spend a week writing a widget handling
BigInteger :)
Thanks Stefan !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny